Thursday, January 3, 2008

My very first blog

Sai Ram!!!
Today while checking my mails, I got a mail about a blogpage from SV Swamy who wrote number of book reviews and also offered free service to authors and readers. I was surprised and thought of starting my own blog spot to post my thoughts everyday from the books I read.

So, here I am. As of now, I am reading following books (most of the times, I read more than three books at a time, so don't get surprised to see the list).

1. Happiness Now -- Robert Holden
Wonderful book. I read only three chapters and he put so much information there. I love it.

2. Parents Effectiveness Training -- Dr. Thomas Gordon
I am reading this book out of my own interest to develop new tools to interact and understand my daughters. I believe in this quote, "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. -- Abraham Maslow", and intend to improve my tools every day. So, this book is adding lots of tools like, who owns the problem, active listening, etc.

3. The Secret of Letting Go -
Guy Finley
Excellent book about false self or ego and how to let go of it. He uses wonderful metaphors to make it so clear to the reader. "The false self is fueled by negative emotional reactions, which, in turn, are maintained by habitual incorrect thinking" -- Guy Finley

4. Sai Sandesh - Sai Gems for Healthy Living by Anil Kumar Kamaraju
Another excellent book and Prof Anil Kumar summarizes lots of different Swamy Discourses into topic specific so that we can get lots of details at one point.

I will add book summaries later in the month. From now on, I will add quotes, stories, etc from these books to my blog so that you can also enjoy them.

More later,

Cheers.

No comments: